We work with...
Changemakers that advance equity and justice, helping them to accelerate and sustain their impact. Our clients are leaders in nonprofit, philanthropic, and government organizations.
Our firm takes its name from the founder’s two young sons and the generations before them in whose honor they were named: Black men and women who took to heart and embodied the idea that it takes a village, living their lives in service to their families, their communities, and their country.
At Evan James, we continue that tradition through our work, helping our clients plan and deliver strategies, policies, programs, and practices designed to reverse unequal outcomes for historically and presently marginalized groups.
Simply put, we help our clients solve problems that matter.
We do this by...
Gathering Data That Informs Decision-Making
Analyzing Clients' Strengths and Opportunities
Researching Best and Promising Practices
Developing Solutions and Implementation Plans
Strategic and Operational Planning
Strengthening organizations’ approach and impact
Financial Sustainability Planning
Increasing organizations’ ability to resource themselves
Assisting with the management and execution of significant projects
Evan James Consulting is a Black owned management consulting firm that is committed to helping the social sector – nonprofit, philanthropic, and government organizations – create equitable outcomes for all. We help our clients plan and deliver strategies, policies, programs and practices designed to reverse unequal outcomes for historically and presently marginalized groups.
Evan James Specializes in:
- Strategic and Operational Planning: Improving strategy and operations to maximize an organization’s impact
- Financial Sustainability Planning: Identifying opportunities to enhance sustainable revenue and unrestricted funding
- Implementation Support: Assisting with the management and execution of strategic and operational projects
We work with social sector – nonprofit, philanthropic, and government – organizations to help them solve problems that matter.
Although we tailor projects to each client’s goals and environment, we typically follow our standard approach of:
- Gathering Data That Informs Decision-Making
- Analyzing Clients’ Strengths and Opportunities
- Researching Best and Promising Practices
- Developing Solutions and Implementation Plans
Our team is flexible in modifying the scope of work requested and adjusting our work plan and budget accordingly.
The Evan James Consulting team leverages first-hand experience leading government agencies, schools, and non-profit organizations and partnering with non-profit, government, and philanthropic leaders to address the systemic barriers that limit communities of color. On behalf of our clients and the communities they serve, we leverage our expertise in:
- Strategic planning
- Project management
- Business plan development
- Organizational design
- Financial sustainability planning
- Fund development planning
- Collective impact model design and implementation
- Public budget management
- Earned revenue strategy development
- Financial modeling
- Board development